Operation to change a pelican into a puffin in Baldock
WORK will start soon on upgrading the pedestrian crossing on London Road near Woodland Way in Baldock. The existing pelican crossing, which has red and green signals for pedestrians, will be upgraded to a puffin crossing. Puffin crossings have special det
WORK will start soon on upgrading the pedestrian crossing on London Road near Woodland Way in Baldock.
The existing pelican crossing, which has red and green signals for pedestrians, will be upgraded to a puffin crossing.
Puffin crossings have special detectors to 'see' whether pedestrians are still waiting or have crossed the road and are designed to allow pedestrians enough time to cross the road, including people who have mobility problems.
Work is expected to start on Monday, July 6 and should take about four weeks. Information boards will be put in place in advance to inform pedestrians and motorists.
You may also want to watch:
Work will take place Monday to Friday, from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
During the refurbishment of the crossing it will be necessary to restrict access to some properties when excavating the footway directly outside them. Herts Highways has circulated letters to all residents in the area to notify them of the work.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out