Opening up pool cafe to new customers
Initiative means pool cafe is now available to park visitors
VISITORS to Norton Common can now buy refreshments from Letchworth outdoor pool caf� for the first time for many years.
The new arrangement came into operation on Saturday. In past years, the caf� was only accessible to users of the pool.
North Herts District Council’s Letchworth area committee has provided �20,000 to move the location of the existing pool caf� to the main entrance building that is adjacent to Norton Common.
The installation of a serving hatch means that visitors to the common are now able to purchase items from the new catering facility.
You may also want to watch:
Additional seating has also been provided in the park so that visitors have somewhere to sit and enjoy their refreshments. On the days when the main caf� service isn’t provided, a separate vending area will be accessible to people using the common.
During the school summer holidays the outdoor pool will be opening an hour earlier at 7am on weekdays, due to a further grant from the area committee.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
These significant improvements are in accordance with the council’s adopted Green Space Strategy which recognises the need to improve the facilities of parks and commons. The strategy’s aim is to enhance and maintain green spaces across North Herts that the whole community can enjoy.
Letchworth Outdoor Pool opened for the summer season on Saturday. Opening times can be found at www.north-herts.gov.uk
Cllr Michael Paterson, chairman of the area committee, said: “We have made some vast improvements to Norton Common’s facilities in recent years which include a multi-use games area, a skate park and new play areas.
“These new caf� facilities are located within the vicinity of the new play area and will attract a high number of visitors. Being able to purchase refreshments from the common will enhance visitors’ experience, and will hopefully assist in the council achieving its Green Flag status.”