Open house at the park
PEOPLE s ideas for a possible make-over to a town s park have been heard during a forum. Stevenage Borough Council has teamed up with a trio of artists and the lottery funded Green Heart Partnership to create an eye-catching exhibit in the shape of a hou
PEOPLE's ideas for a possible make-over to a town's park have been heard during a forum.
Stevenage Borough Council has teamed up with a trio of artists and the lottery funded Green Heart Partnership to create an eye-catching exhibit in the shape of a house floor plan to attract local residents and park users to find out their views about what they want to see in the Stevenage Town Centre Gardens.
The ideas will be presented in a multimedia presentation outlining the ideas and issues put forward by residents and park users.
These will determine the brief for the planning stage of the regeneration project which is expected to start in September. Actual site work is scheduled to start early next year.
You may also want to watch:
Artist Beverley Carpenter said of the scheme: "We have had an incredibly positive response so far. The open house has been in the park for three weeks and we have had no problems with vandalism.
"In fact local residents and local park users have provided furniture and refreshments. We would also like to thank the Stevenage Furniture Recycling Scheme for their generous donations to the project.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out