Open gardens on show in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
An arts and leisure group is holding their biannual open gardens day.
The Letchworth Arts and Leisure Group (LALG) is showcasing the best of the town’s gardens with 21 open to view this Sunday from 11am until 5pm.
Visitors soaking up the gardens will be entertained with live music from Shades of Palm Court, a display of classic cars, plant sales and refreshments.
LALG gardener Diane Jury said: “We have 21 amazing gardens this year, including six new ones. The gardeners have had a great time and have enjoyed welcoming more than 3,350 visitors to their gardens over the years and all of them are beautiful.”
There will be a free park and ride service and minibuses at Spirella Car Park which will call at the gardens approximately every 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available for £5 in advance from David’s Bookshop on Eastcheap and the Local and Tourist Information Centre in Letchworth GC or £6 on the day from any of the gardens.
Since 2003 LALG has raised more than £20,000 for charity. This year money raised will go to British Red Cross, Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC, Junior Diabetes and Herts MS Therapy Centre.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home