Open garden event at Ayot St Lawrence landmark will be a boost for Herts air ambulance team
- Credit: Archant
Get out into the garden this weekend and support the work of the Herts Air Ambulance.
Not your garden, of course – the invitation comes from historic Bride Hall in Ayot St Lawrence, which will be open on Saturday to raise funds for the cause.
You can stroll around acres of stunning formal gardens, orchards and surrounding woodland and there will also be live music, plant sales and refreshments.
The charity’s Jen Wall said: “We are very excited about welcoming visitors to Bride Hall, which is steeped in history. It should be a fantastic family day out.
“We really encourage local communities to get involved in this brand new initiative.
You may also want to watch:
“You could open your garden as part of a group with friends, family and neighbours.
“Your garden does not have to be huge – we are looking to involve gardens of all types and sizes that will provide pleasure and inspiration for visitors.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
If you are proud of your garden and would like to get involve, contact Jen on Jen.Wall@EHAAT.uk.com or call 0345 2417 690 for more information.