Open garden event at Ayot St Lawrence landmark will be a boost for Herts air ambulance team
- Credit: Archant
Get out into the garden this weekend and support the work of the Herts Air Ambulance.
Not your garden, of course – the invitation comes from historic Bride Hall in Ayot St Lawrence, which will be open on Saturday to raise funds for the cause.
You can stroll around acres of stunning formal gardens, orchards and surrounding woodland and there will also be live music, plant sales and refreshments.
The charity’s Jen Wall said: “We are very excited about welcoming visitors to Bride Hall, which is steeped in history. It should be a fantastic family day out.
“We really encourage local communities to get involved in this brand new initiative.
“You could open your garden as part of a group with friends, family and neighbours.
“Your garden does not have to be huge – we are looking to involve gardens of all types and sizes that will provide pleasure and inspiration for visitors.”
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 6 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
If you are proud of your garden and would like to get involve, contact Jen on Jen.Wall@EHAAT.uk.com or call 0345 2417 690 for more information.