Online delivery service Deliveroo launches in Hitchin today
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 new delivery riders’ jobs are set to be created over the next 12 months as an online delivery service for high-quality restaurant meals launches in Hitchin today.
Deliveroo will aim to deliver food from a number of acclaimed restaurants in the town within 30 minutes.
According to their website this afternoon nine Hitchin restaurants and eateries have signed up to the service so far including the latest additions Los Reyes, Fabio’s Gelato and Raj Douth – to go with Chia Naturally Healthy, The Groundworks, The Duchy Pot, Flints, Prezzo and Roberto’s.
Deliveroo’s Caroline Hazlehurst said: “Having grown up in Hitchin and experienced the amazing restaurants the town has to offer, I’m really excited to be launching Deliveroo here.
“Our new riders in Hitchin are now kitted out in their new hyper-reflective kit and locals can order from the fantastic variety of restaurants in Hitchin, whatever they want, whenever they want, all from the comfort of their own home, office desk or wherever else hunger strikes.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.deliveroo.co.uk.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV