One of a kind Jensen prototype, Bugatti and Maserati models on display at Letchworth car club show
- Credit: Archant
Classic cars sparkled in the sunshine on Saturday as crowds flocked to a show in the North Herts countryside.
The Letchworth Garden City Classic & Vintage Transport Picnic saw more than 300 vehicles on display at Fairclough Hall Farm in Halls Green.
Lively toe-tapping music from Herts-based band Fifth Wheel provided the soundtrack for the event, which saw Derek Chapman’s Jensen prototype – the only one of its kind in the world – named the ‘car of the show’.
Also on display was a Routemaster bus that will be driven to Japan in 2017, Bugatti, Frazer-Nash, Ferrari and Maserati models, and an array of classic and vintage bicycles.
The event’s committee chairman, David Davis, called the show ‘a great success’ and said local charities stand to benefit once costs are covered.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Letchworth Garden City Classic & Vintage Car Club, which organised the transport picnic, meet at The Rising Sun pub in Halls Green on the first Monday of every month.
Visit www.lgccvcc.co.uk to find out more.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed