One dead and another in hospital after car overturns south of Hitchin in the early hours
- Credit: Archant
One person has died and another is being treated in hospital after a crash on a rural road south of Hitchin in the early hours of this morning.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information as they investigate the tragedy, which happened on Preston Road in Gosmore at about 3am.
Only one vehicle, a blue Peugeot 106, was involved. The car was travelling south from Hitchin and had passed through Gosmore village and was heading towards Preston when it overturned.
Emergency services and ambulance staff called to the scene confirmed that one person had died, with another being taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage with facial injuries.
The road between Gosmore and Preston was closed to traffic while the scene was cleared and investigators mapped the area.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have been in the Hitchin area in the early hours and saw a blue Peugeot 106.
Anyone who can help should call PC Shona Gillen or Sgt Richard Barker via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes