On your marks, get set, go!
Boro Bear gears up for charity fun run
STEVENAGE FC’s very own Boro Bear will be going head-to-head with other Football League mascots in the first-ever Daffodil Derby on August 3.
The charity fun will mark the launch of the Football League’s new partnership with Marie Curie Cancer Care which was chosen by supporters to be the official charity partner for the 2010/11 season.
The event takes place at Southwell Racecourse, near Newark, Nottinghamshire at 7.45pm.
Each mascot will be raising money for the charity to help them provide care, free of charge, to terminally ill patients in their own homes and in its hospices.
You may also want to watch:
Football League Director of External Affairs Gavin Megaw said: “This is a fantastic occasion by which to launch our partnership with Marie Curie Cancer Care.
“I would encourage all football and racing fans and their families to come along to help raise money for this great cause.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
“Good luck to all of the mascots taking part in the Daffodil Derby.”
For more information, please log on to http://www.justgiving.com/footballleague2010-11