On yer bike! – Help make Stevenage a hub for cycling by joining summer-long festival
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by the huge success of the Tour Series cycling events in Stevenage Old Town over the past two years, a new cycling festival aims to transform the town into a cycling hub.
A summer-long cycling festival aimed at getting people out and about on their bikes is set to start rolling out on July 1.
Stevenage Cycling Festival involves a series of free rides and events to help people of all ages discover the joy of travelling on two wheels around Stevenage’s fabulous network of cycle paths and beyond.
The festival is organised by volunteers and professionals from Herts Cycling, We are Cycling UK, British Cycling Breeze and Ride Social Champions, Kinetic Cycles and Stevenage Borough Council.
If you are new to cycling and want to build your confidence over a short distance, you can join Ride Social every Wednesday evening for an easygoing six-mile ride.
You may also want to watch:
Families can join child-friendly rides with experienced leaders on Tuesdays from July 25.
There will be two-hour Saturday morning rides to help those who are returning to cycling or beginning the sport to feel more confident.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
On Sundays there are women’s confidence building rides and two-hour family rides on Saturdays and Sundays.
To view the full programme of events, visit www.stevenage.gov.uk/52710/180172. You then need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form for events.