On parade for anniversary
AIR cadets from Sandy will be on parade this Sunday to celebrate the 66th anniversary of the formation of the Air Training Corps. Officers and cadets from 22 Sandy Squadron will be among seven other squadrons in the parade through St Neots followed by a s
AIR cadets from Sandy will be on parade this Sunday to celebrate the 66th anniversary of the formation of the Air Training Corps.
Officers and cadets from 22 Sandy Squadron will be among seven other squadrons in the parade through St Neots followed by a service at St Mary's church where the march-past salute will be taken by Wing Staff Officer Sqd Ldr Barry Testro.
* Sandy cadet Flt Sgt Phil Racher has been celebrating after passing his staff cadet exam recently.
* New recruits to the squadron include cadets Laura Nundy and Helen Taylor who joined the unit last week.
You may also want to watch:
* This month the squadron will be visiting RAF Coltishall in Norfolk along with 2500 St Neots Squadron and 1094 Ely Squadron. It will be one of the last visits an ATC unit makes to the base as is due to close in March.
* Another treat for the cadets in March will be a visit by a former Concorde captain to tell them about his career with British Airways flying the great supersonic airliner.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
* For more information about the Sandy squadron you can now log on to their newly formed website www.sandy-aircadets.org.uk or call their commanding officer Flt Lt Margaret Bell on 01234 307776.