On-loan striker Lee Barnard to return to Southend United at the end of his deal but other loanees to remain for now
- Credit: Archant
It has been a bitter-sweet week for Boro in the loan transfer department.
Having announced the extension of deals for Arsenal midfielder Jack Jebb and Shrewsbury man David McAllister until January and Brentford’s Charlie Adams until December 21, the League Two side were dealt a blow after Southend United boss Phil Brown revealed they will be recalling striker Lee Barnard at the end of his month-long loan deal at the Lamex Stadium.
The former Southampton man has scored three goals since joining Stevenage including two in Saturday’s win over Cheltenham Town.
Barnard looked at home alongside strike partner Chris Beardsley as the latter also snatched a brace against the Robins but it seems a short-lived pairing.
Brown told the Southend Echo: “We’ve been to see Barnard play for them and he’s been doing well.
You may also want to watch:
“I think his Stevenage move has definitely served a purpose for us and hopefully we can benefit from that when he comes back in to the squad for December and beyond.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed