On loan Spurs youngster Ogilvie ‘happy’ with his first ever league goal
- Credit: Archant
Teenager scored opener as Stevenage beat Plymouth Argyle
Connor Ogilvie says he is very happy to have scored his first ever professional goal.
The 19-year-old, who is on loan at Stevenage from Spurs, opened the scoring after six minutes in a 2-1 win over Plymouth Argyle with Chris Whelpdale also getting on the scoresheet.
Speaking afterwards, Ogilvie said: “It was a great win. We stuck at it and kept to the game plan, and it worked.
“We’ve got seven points out of nine points now.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been working on it in training, to get up against them in the first 10 minutes and it’s obviously worked. It’s a first league goal [for me] so I’m very happy with that.
“I saw the goalkeeper go down early so I went over the top, so thanks to [Tom] Pett for putting me in.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
Asked about getting feedback from his parent club after games, the defender added: “I get feedback after every game, so it’s good having them watching me and knowing what I’m doing.”