On-loan Brentford midfielder on his impressive start for Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Charlie Adams says playing for Boro is giving him a ‘good taste of professional football’.
Signed on a 28-day loan from Brentford just over a week ago, the midfielder made his debut off the bench at home to Accrington Stanley last week before starting for the first time for Boro in Tuesday’s defeat at Portsmouth.
Getting another start today against Burton, it was the 20-year-old whose cross took a wicked deflection to give Stevenage all three points against the side second in the league.
Speaking after the match, Adams, who made three appearances for the Bees last season as Brentford won promotion to the Championship, said: “Back at Brentford I’m playing a lot in the U21s, it’s different. It’s all about improving myself and I want to help Stevenage do well as well. It’s good for me, and if Stevenage are happy it’s good for them too.
“It’s given me a good taste of professional football.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to stick to the philosophy of the club, and the lads have been great. They’ve welcomed me in well and I’m happy here.
“It’s initially 28 days and then I think the gaffer at Brentford said if all parties are happy then there’s no reason why we can’t extend it. I’ve got to take it game by game, training session by training session, make sure I’m improving and make sure that we’re winning games.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
“I’m an attacking player so I look to score and create goals, and I’ve got to be claiming that one today.”