On his bike to Paris
RAISING funds for a hospice is the motivation behind a cyclist s decision to cycle from London to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Gavin Page, 40, of Whitehill Road, Hitchin, will be jumping on his bike for the 280-mile journey to raise money for the The Pasque
RAISING funds for a hospice is the motivation behind a cyclist's decision to cycle from London to the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Gavin Page, 40, of Whitehill Road, Hitchin, will be jumping on his bike for the 280-mile journey to raise money for the The Pasque Charity, which operates the Keech Cottage Children's Hospice, near Luton.
Cycling with eight friends, who are all fundraising for different charities, the father-of-two will take part in the journey in June.
Mr Page, a sales and marketing director at Smart PLC based in Codicote, decided to take up the charity challenge when he moved to Hitchin in May last year and he is looking to raise around £2,000 for the hospice. He has raised almost half of that already.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Page said: "I was new to the area and wanted to raise money for a local cause. I heard about Keech Cottage and nominated the children's hospice as my charity."
All of the money raised will go towards helping the hospice, which provides care for terminally ill or life-limited children living in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
You can sponsor Mr Page by visiting www.justgiving.com/gavinpage
If you would like to take part in a charity event, the children's hospice is taking bookings for a number of events.
Contact Rebecca Kelly on 01582 497849, email email@example.com or go to www.pasque.org for more details.