Olympian coming to Stevenage to help community prepare for London 2012
AN OLYMPIAN is coming to Comet country to speak to businesses about getting ready for London 2012. Rower Dr Alison Mowbray, who won a silver medal in the women s quad sculls in Athens in 2004, will be guest speaker at a business breakfast at the Holiday I
AN OLYMPIAN is coming to Comet country to speak to businesses about getting ready for London 2012.
Rower Dr Alison Mowbray, who won a silver medal in the women's quad sculls in Athens in 2004, will be guest speaker at a business breakfast at the Holiday Inn on St George's Way in Stevenage on Friday, October 16.
Alison intends to inspire delegates to make the most of the 2012 Games by telling her own story about excelling at the very highest level of sport.
Hertfordshire businesses, large and small, already have contracts as suppliers and service providers for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by Hertfordshire is Ready for Winners, Business Link East and Stevenage Borough Council, business people are invited to attend this event to discover the opportunities the London 2012 Games are offering.
Get information about the procurement system - CompeteFor - from Business Link experts, as well as support throughout the process.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
Enjoy a cooked breakfast, find out about the Olympic White Water Canoe Centre under construction in Hertfordshire, and network with other local business people.
Councillor Derrick Ashley, Hertfordshire County Council's Champion for the 2012 Games and Executive Member for Planning, said: "The message is 'act now' and get your business ready to take advantage of the opportunities the London 2012 Games have to offer.
"This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we don't want local businesses to miss out."
To book a place at the business breakfast, visit www.bookevents.org call 0845 601 1000 or textphone 01707 398390.