Oli’s out to curry favour
A CHEF is preparing to cook up a storm when he jets off to demonstrate his curry cooking skills. Oli Khan, master chef of Surma Indian Takeaway in Stevenage Old Town, will be taking his British curry dishes to Dhaka in Bangladesh for the fifth British-Ban
A CHEF is preparing to cook up a storm when he jets off to demonstrate his curry cooking skills.
Oli Khan, master chef of Surma Indian Takeaway in Stevenage Old Town, will be taking his British curry dishes to Dhaka in Bangladesh for the fifth British-Bangladesh Fusion Food Festival to be held at the Dhaka Sheraton Hotel from November 13-16.
He is among six British Super Curry Chefs selected from thousands of entrants for the festival who will have to create a menu that fits under the title of British Fusion Food and design dishes which combine the authentic with contemporary, creating the ultimate fusion of East and West.
Mr Khan, who has already won a variety of accolades and awards for his outstanding culinary skills and innovation, said: "I'm very excited to be taking part. I have cooked in various competitions but a showcase event like this will be a real challenge and a privilege to take part in."
You may also want to watch:
Festival director Syed Belal Ahmed said: "For many years British food has been the butt of too many jokes.
"But in recent years there has been a renaissance in the British food industry. There has been a tremendous growth of the multi-billion pound 'curry industry' which has restaurants and takeaways in every major British city and town.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled