Older people in Stevenage sought to take to catwalk
A FASHION show aimed at giving older people the chance to show off their sartorial style will be hosted by Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) on December 4. Men and women aged 55 and over, who enjoy looking good and dressing up, are invited to take part in t
A FASHION show aimed at giving older people the chance to show off their sartorial style will be hosted by Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) on December 4.
Men and women aged 55 and over, who enjoy looking good and dressing up, are invited to take part in the fashion show, which will be hosted by TV presenter Floella Benjamin at Marriotts School in Stevenage.
Those who are handy with a sewing machine, or have a flair for design, are also being sought to help put catwalk outfits together.
People are being encouraged to make, mend or recycle an outfit, or simply go along to model their favourite.
Cllr Michael Downing, SBC's executive member for community, health and older people, said: "This promises to be a great, fun activity to engage some of the older people in our community. We launched the event to mark Older People's Day, which aims to raise the profile of the issues surrounding older people and our ageing society."
Entry forms are available from Stevenage Museum on St George's Way, or by calling 01438 218881, emailing email@example.com or visiting www.stevenage.gov.uk
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
The deadline for submitting entry forms to the museum is November 21.