Offley resident John Bardon, who played Jim Branning in EastEnders, dies aged 75
- Credit: Archant
Former EastEnders actor John Bardon, who lived in Offley, has died.
The 75-year-old lived in Westbury Farm Close in the village.
Mr Bardon, who died this morning, had suffered a stroke several years ago forcing him to reduce his work on the BBC One show in which he played Jim Branning.
Announcing the death, the BBC said: “Everyone at EastEnders is absolutely heartbroken to learn that John has sadly passed away.
His bravery, dignity and courage in battling against the devastating effects of his stroke were admired by all who had the privilege of working with him.
You may also want to watch:
“Loved by us all, John was an exceptionally talented actor whose humour, mischievousness and brilliant performances made Jim Branning one of Walford’s most loveable, memorable characters and we will miss John forever.
Our love and deepest sympathies are extended to Enda, his truly wonderful wife, at this very sad time. May he now rest in peace.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Tonight’s episode of the programme will be dedicated to the late actor.