Offley Memorials raise more than £300 for Samaritans with Brew Monday event
- Credit: Archant
Offley Memorials held its annual ‘Brew Monday’ coffee morning yesterday to raise funds for the North Herts and Stevenage branch of the Samaritans.
'Blue Monday' is a date in Janaury said to be the most depressing day of the year. The memorial business decided to use the occasion to bring people together, raising more than £300 for the crisis charity.
Director Hayley Ayres said: "After a loved one has passed away, it can be difficult just putting one foot in front of the other some days and our clients often report to feeling lonely or isolated.
"It's amazing the difference a bit of company and a chat over a cuppa can make."
The event was well attended and they raised £306.60.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Prutton, who launched the business 30 years ago, said: "We value all relationships we have made over the years and among others, we were delighted to see two separate families who have been using our services for over 20 years. Even though our work may be done, we still place great importance on keeping in touch."
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright