Officers ‘to mount specialist search’ of Biggleswade for missing Wayne Jeffs
- Credit: Archant
The partner of missing Biggleswade man Wayne Jeffs says police are set to mount a specialist search of the town, having found no trace of him so far.
Plasterer Wayne, 29, was last seen in Biggleswade’s Eagle Farm Road at 8.10pm on Thursday, April 6, and police and volunteers from the community have been looking for him relentlessly since.
A ‘Find Missing Wayne Jeffs’ Facebook group has been set up to co-ordinate searches, with regular updates from Wayne’s 6½-month pregnant partner Carla Holbrook – who last week made a heartfelt appeal for his safe return through the Comet.
The last trace of Wayne was a mobile phone signal near London Road when Carla called him at 8.53pm on the evening he vanished. His phone doesn’t seem to have been switched on since.
Posting on the Facebook group yesterday, Carla wrote that the police were ‘currently arranging a specialist search to be conducted of Biggleswade to look for any clues’.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I think most Biggleswade people have already done every inch of the area, but fingers crossed something has been missed.
“His dad is out searching for him every night and I miss him like mad. Come home when you’re ready but just let us know you’re not ready to come yet – no-ones mad at you, we just want to know you’re safe.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
Wayne is described as a slim white man, about 5ft 8in, with brown hair. He was last seen in a blue top, blue work trousers and black trainers, with a silver chain around his neck.
He is thought to have a blue hooded top with him from Henlow-based NG Bruce Plastering, his place of work.
Anyone who knows where Wayne might be should call Beds police immediately on 101, quoting reference MPC/765/17.