Offender gets jail and ASBO
A PROLIFIC offender has been given a two year anti-social behaviour order. Michael Rowe, 36, from Ripon Road in Stevenage was given the ASBO by the town s magistrates. He was also given a 26-week prison sentence for four thefts. One was at the Total Serv
A PROLIFIC offender has been given a two year anti-social behaviour order.
Michael Rowe, 36, from Ripon Road in Stevenage was given the ASBO by the town's magistrates.
He was also given a 26-week prison sentence for four thefts. One was at the Total Service Station in Lonsdale Road, Stevenage on January 2. The other three were at Tesco's, The Forum, Stevenage - two on January 9 and the other on January 12.
Under the ASBO, Rowe is prohibited from entering any retail outlets in Stevenage town centre that is in the area within the boundary of St George's Way, Six Hills Way, Lytton Way and Fairlands Way.
You may also want to watch:
He is also banned from entering any retail outlets on the Roaring Meg retail park that is in the area within the A602 Six Hills Way, B197 London Road, A602 Broadhall Way and A602 Monkswood Way.
Insp Mark Furnival, head of the Stevenage community team, said: "Yet again the courts have been extremely supportive of our applications for ASBOs in the area.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
"All applications are a last resort in attempting to curb the behaviour of the individuals involved and I am continually encouraged by the positive attitudes of magistrates in Stevenage.
"Rowe is a prolific offender who has caused significant trouble in the local area and we hope that the introduction of the ASBO as well as the custodial sentence will encourage him to change his actions.