Offender gets jail and ASBO
A PROLIFIC offender has been given a two year anti-social behaviour order. Michael Rowe, 36, from Ripon Road in Stevenage was given the ASBO by the town s magistrates. He was also given a 26-week prison sentence for four thefts. One was at the Total Serv
A PROLIFIC offender has been given a two year anti-social behaviour order.
Michael Rowe, 36, from Ripon Road in Stevenage was given the ASBO by the town's magistrates.
He was also given a 26-week prison sentence for four thefts. One was at the Total Service Station in Lonsdale Road, Stevenage on January 2. The other three were at Tesco's, The Forum, Stevenage - two on January 9 and the other on January 12.
Under the ASBO, Rowe is prohibited from entering any retail outlets in Stevenage town centre that is in the area within the boundary of St George's Way, Six Hills Way, Lytton Way and Fairlands Way.
He is also banned from entering any retail outlets on the Roaring Meg retail park that is in the area within the A602 Six Hills Way, B197 London Road, A602 Broadhall Way and A602 Monkswood Way.
Insp Mark Furnival, head of the Stevenage community team, said: "Yet again the courts have been extremely supportive of our applications for ASBOs in the area.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 6 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
"All applications are a last resort in attempting to curb the behaviour of the individuals involved and I am continually encouraged by the positive attitudes of magistrates in Stevenage.
"Rowe is a prolific offender who has caused significant trouble in the local area and we hope that the introduction of the ASBO as well as the custodial sentence will encourage him to change his actions.