Ofcom near Baldock will open its doors for Engineering Open House Day
- Credit: Archant
Ofcom near Baldock is opening its doors to young people as part of Engineering Open House Day tomorrow.
Engineering Open House Day is organised by the Institution of Engineering and Technology, and sees more than 30 companies and organisations across the country open their doors to children to showcase inspiring careers in the industry.
Ofcom’s event will include a look at the innovations in radio, as well as offering challenging workshops.
With 2018 being designated the Year of Engineering alongside a nationwide skills shortage, the government-led initiative aims to give thousands of young people inspiring experiences.
There is a requirement of 203,000 people with engineering skills each year to meet demand through to 2024, but it is estimated that there will be a shortfall of 59.000 engineers to fill these roles.
You may also want to watch:
Ofcom’s event will take place from 10am until 4pm tomorrow at the radio station off the A505, north-east of Baldock.
Registration for the event is now closed.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?