‘Of all the days to lose it’ – Reward offered as Letchworth husband loses silver wedding ring on his wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth husband is offering a reward to anyone who can reunite him with his wedding ring after he lost it – on his wedding anniversary.
Alistair McDonald lost the silver wedding band on Saturday, the 12th anniversary of his marriage to Lisa, while playing with his children in Broadway Gardens at about 3pm.
And among others, the 44-year-old from Gorst Close has enlisted the help of the Herts & District Metal Detecting Society.
“I just thought: ‘Oh my God, of all the days to lose it,’” said Alistair.
“That’s probably the worst day for this to happen.
You may also want to watch:
“I was with the kids playing around, in that main grass bit and paved area by the fountain.
“I thought I felt it come off, but then we looked all around that area and found nothing. I’ve been out there on my hands and knees.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“Then I had a moment of clarity and got in touch with the metal detecting club. They’re going to send some people over to have a look.”
Alistair is willing to offer £100 to anyone who safely returns the ring to him. He describes it as a men’s silver wedding band of about average men’s size.
Anyone who finds the ring should call Alistair on 07768 852004.