Obama hate mail teen attended Samuel Whitbread
A FORMER student of Samuel Whitbread has been banned from America for life after sending Barack Obama an abusive email.
Luke Angel, who recently left the Clifton school, drunkenly emailed the American president after watching a documentary about the 9/11 attacks on the US.
The FBI intercepted the message and contacted police in the UK who went to see the 17-year-old at his home in Silsoe, in Bedfordshire.
Bedfordshire Police visited Mr Angel at his home and he is now on a list of people who are banned from visiting the states.
A Bedfordshire Police spokesman said: “The individual sent an email to the White House full of abusive and threatening language.
“We were informed by the Metropolitan Police and went to see him. He said, ‘oh dear, it was me.”
Officers will take no criminal action.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 5 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
- 10 Positives and progress continue at Hartlepool with Tisdale happy with Boro's point