Nursing home staff get fruity for charity fundraiser
A NURSING home is holding a special event to raise money to support research into cancer prevention. BUPA s Pirton Hall Nursing Home in Pirton Road, Shillington, will be holding a Fruity Friday event on May 19 with at least one member of staff dressed up
A NURSING home is holding a special event to raise money to support research into cancer prevention.
BUPA's Pirton Hall Nursing Home in Pirton Road, Shillington, will be holding a Fruity Friday event on May 19 with at least one member of staff dressed up as her favourite fruit.
Sue Althorpe, activities organiser at the home, has promised not to wear her uniform and parade around dressed up as a strawberry.
And for residents there will be a fruity menu with kitchen staff cooking up a treat of fruit dishes and there will also be a selection of exotic and unusual fruits to nibble on.
You may also want to watch:
Home manager Mary Tolladay said: "We often combine residents' activities with fundraising events.
"Fruity Friday provides a great opportunity to do this as well as raise people's awareness of diet and the prevention of cancer."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
As well as raising money to support vital research into cancer prevention, Fruity Friday aims to educate people about the importance of a healthy diet and lifestyle.