Notts County will be one of the toughest sides we face, says Sheringham
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss proud of his players, but says he couldn’t have had a tougher opening few games of the season
Teddy Sheringham says he is proud of his side despite seeing them lose their opening league game of the season.
Goals from Curtis Thompson and Mawouna Amevor made it a losing start to Sheringham’s managerial career, but the Stevenage boss says today’s opponents will be one of the toughest teams his side faces this season.
Sheringham said: “Everyone sees different things in games but personally as a manager I was very proud of my team. On another given day we could have got something out of the game.
“Notts County will be one of the best teams we will face this year. They were a decent outfit and made it very tough for us. The game was full of chances and you have to take your chances and we didn’t take ours.
You may also want to watch:
“They’ve made a lot of signings and spent a lot of money. If you spend a lot of money you’ll get a better standard of player. They are a decent side.”
The Boro boss added: “If you take your chances it changes the game. I am proud of my team and I thought we did really well today.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
“The job is a hard job but so is Ricardo’s job. Our job is to succeed.
“I couldn’t have asked for a tougher job in the first few games of our season. But I will go to Portman Road [on Tuesday, when Stevenage take on Ipswich Town in the Capital One Cup] with a lot of optimism because of many things I saw in today’s game. There were lots of plus points today certainly.”