‘Not yet seen the best’ of The Voice UK’s Aleks Josh
THERE is more to come from Stevenage singing sensation Aleks Josh in the hit TV show The Voice UK, according to those who know him best.
The teen, who worked at Stevenage Leisure Centre and was a Lytton Player, has now appeared on the show twice, and has made it through to the final 20.
But according to mum Justine, the 17-year-old has much more to show and has so far been singing songs out of his comfort zone. Normally, Aleks is known to sing swing and jazz songs.
“He’s very good, and we’ve not really at the moment seen him at his best. He’s not singing the kind of songs he normally would.” Justine told the Comet.
“He comes across nervous, but he’s been quite a lot out of his comfort zone. I hope now he can really show what he does.
You may also want to watch:
“I always thought there was something special about him, and I’m not just saying that because he’s my son.”
The former St Nicholas Primary School and Nobel School pupil has previously tasted success locally. He has appeared in the Comet sponsored Stevenage Has Got Talent competition twice, and has sung in a county version of X Factor and for the Lytton Players.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
“He’s done lots of stuff, but nothing quite on this scale,” said Justine.
“When he first started doing amateur dramatics about the age of ten, it was really the acting he was into. It was only since about the age of 14 when he sang a Nat King Cole song that he realised he was not bad at singing.
“It all went from there. We are very proud.”
Aleks is the eldest of four children. His siblings are 16, 11 and eight, and the younger two in particular are enjoying his success.
“The two little ones were on TV, and loved it,” added Justine.
“They had to keep it quiet, and when they went to school having known what was going on, weren’t allowed to tell anyone.”
Aleks, who is currently in London rehearsing, will appear in the second batch of The Voice live shows next Saturday.
He will battle against nine other contestants from Team Danny and Team Jessie, and will rely on the public vote to go through again.
“I’m nervous because I’ve seen how nervous he’s got so far and he’s not that nervous normally - not to that extent,” said Justine.
“Luckily, he’s got a song which is more his voice. It’s a lovely song and will really suit his tone so I’m hoping he’ll be more relaxed.”