Not over the moon about name change
ORGANISERS have hit out after they were forced to change the name of their charity event at the last minute. The Stevenage Moonwalk will now be known as The Tickled Pink Twilight Challenge after Breakthrough Breast Cancer asked for the name change. The ch
ORGANISERS have hit out after they were forced to change the name of their charity event at the last minute.
The Stevenage Moonwalk will now be known as The Tickled Pink Twilight Challenge after Breakthrough Breast Cancer asked for the name change.
The charity runs the Playtex MoonWalk - a similar event - in London and owns the copyright to the name.
Organiser Fiona Clarke, from Asda in Stevenage, said: "I am annoyed that they didn't object until a week before the event but I am sure the event will still be a success."
Nina Barough, founder of the Walk the Walk, which organises the Playtex MoonWalks, said: "We understand that there has been some confusion with the title of the event taking place next week.
"The ladies organising the walk did not realise that the event name MoonWalk was copyright, and as the event is not in aid of Walk the Walk they are unable to use the title.
- 1 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 2 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
"The walk has now been renamed. Walk the Walk would like to wish the ladies the best of luck with their challenge."
Fiona will be dressed as a fairy when she takes part in the 13 mile walk through the town to raise money for Asda's Tickled Pink campaign.
The Tickled Pink Twilight Challenge will start at the Asda store in Stevenage at 9.30pm this Saturday, September 9.
* If you would like to make a donation call Fiona on 01438 744800.