Not over the moon about name change
ORGANISERS have hit out after they were forced to change the name of their charity event at the last minute. The Stevenage Moonwalk will now be known as The Tickled Pink Twilight Challenge after Breakthrough Breast Cancer asked for the name change. The ch
ORGANISERS have hit out after they were forced to change the name of their charity event at the last minute.
The Stevenage Moonwalk will now be known as The Tickled Pink Twilight Challenge after Breakthrough Breast Cancer asked for the name change.
The charity runs the Playtex MoonWalk - a similar event - in London and owns the copyright to the name.
Organiser Fiona Clarke, from Asda in Stevenage, said: "I am annoyed that they didn't object until a week before the event but I am sure the event will still be a success."
You may also want to watch:
Nina Barough, founder of the Walk the Walk, which organises the Playtex MoonWalks, said: "We understand that there has been some confusion with the title of the event taking place next week.
"The ladies organising the walk did not realise that the event name MoonWalk was copyright, and as the event is not in aid of Walk the Walk they are unable to use the title.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
"The walk has now been renamed. Walk the Walk would like to wish the ladies the best of luck with their challenge."
Fiona will be dressed as a fairy when she takes part in the 13 mile walk through the town to raise money for Asda's Tickled Pink campaign.
The Tickled Pink Twilight Challenge will start at the Asda store in Stevenage at 9.30pm this Saturday, September 9.
* If you would like to make a donation call Fiona on 01438 744800.