Not guilty plea for man accused of attempted murder following hit-and-run incident in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder after an alleged hit-and-run incident in Letchworth left a man with serious leg injuries.
On Friday, Joseph Thomas, 22, from Guildford in Surrey, appeared at St Albans Crown Court charged with attempted murder and dangerous driving.
The incident took place in Dunlin, off Southern Way, Letchworth, shortly after 9.30am on Saturday, February 6.
Police acted on reports the victim – a man in his 40s – had been struck by a vehicle which had left the scene by the time they arrived.
After a wider police search, Mr Thomas was arrested in the Great Ashby area of Stevenage and a vehicle was recovered nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thomas first appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Monday, February 8.
He will now face trial at Luton Crown Court in the week of August 1.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030