North Herts splash parks to reopen ahead of bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Water jets at splash parks across North Herts will be turned on this Friday ahead of the May bank holiday weekend.
Fountains, water jets and paddling pools await children at the parks in Baldock’s Avenue Park, Bancroft Recreation Ground in Hitchin, Howard Park & Gardens’ paddling pool in Letchworth, and Royston’s Memorial Gardens, which will all open at 10am.
They will be open seven days a week, from 10am to 6pm, until the end of the summer.
Vaughan Watson, North Herts District Council’s service director for parks and open spaces, said: “You always know that summer is on the way when our splash parks and paddling pools reopen.
“These popular outdoor facilities are always extremely busy during any hot spells of weather and we are always delighted that they are so well used and appreciated by local residents.
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s hope this summer is a scorcher again.”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death