WATCH: A sneak peek of the new North Herts Museum
- Credit: Archant
As North Hertfordshire Museum gears up for its grand opening this weekend, we’ve had a sneak peek at what’s in store.
After a long-running saga, North Herts Museum will finally open its doors to the public on Saturday.
Visitors can expect family activites and a range of exhibitions that feature art, archaeology, nature, football and even a Victorian chemist's shop.
Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Neville Reyner, will cut the ribbon and declare the museum officially open.
Also on offer will be aspiring rappers from Samuel Lucas JMI School in Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
The Year 3 pupils will perform a Hitchin rap they've written themselves, which mentions Samuel Lucas and Emily Davis, the suffragist.
The museum was formed from the former Hitchin and Letchworth museums, and includes artifacts from across North Herts.
READ MORE: Sorry saga over as North Herts Museum's front doors to swing open to the publicThe museum is now fully accessible, with a lift to all floors.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
Located on Brand Street in Hitchin, North Herts Museum first opens on Saturday at 10.30am.