Missed garden waste and recycling collections in North Herts
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Garden waste collections were not completed on time in Baldock, Royston and many North Herts villages this week.
North Herts District Council revealed the list of streets this morning that have not had their garden waste collected this week, amid months of chaos that arose after a £40 yearly garden waste charge was brought in and new contractor Urbaser took over collection.
On the council’s website, NHDC said: have released a list of roads where either garden waste or recycling were not collected on time.
• Garden Waste
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Great North Road
NHDC said: “If your bin (grey mixed recycling, brown garden waste – if you have paid for the garden waste service, or food caddy) hasn’t been collected and your street is listed above, you do not need to contact us to report a missed collection. Please leave your bin outside and we will reattempt collection as soon as possible.
“If your bin has been missed and your street is not listed, please report it to the waste contractor Urbaser on 0800 328 6023, submit a missed bin report online or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, full address including postcode, telephone number and which bin(s) have not been emptied.
“Missed bin collections should be reported after 6pm on the day of collection, or the next working day, but within two days of the missed collection.
“Leave any missed bins outside your property. Your bin will be collected, but it may take longer than usual. Please only report a missed bin once.
“We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and are working hard with Urbaser to resolve the current issues.”