North Herts hospice is gearing up for surge of silver in its 25th annniversary year
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers dedicated to filling the coffers at Letchworth’s Garden House Hospice have a string of new events on the cash calendar for 2015.
And they are hoping that the additions to the timetable, coupled with established annual events like September’s Starlight Walk, will bring a surge of welcome cash in the organisation’s silver anniversary year.
Head of fundraising Karen Rabjohn said this week: “The target for 2015 will be in excess of £1.6 million in order to maintain the current level of care and support required.
“This year will see the launch of four new hospice-run events – we have a wills week planned in in early March which has the support of many local solicitors and a Triathlon Super Sprint at Letchworth Fitness, which will also be in March.
“We also have a sponsored ‘wear something silver’ day in June and an It’s a Knockout event at Marriotts School and Sports Centre in Stevenage during the same month.
“We will also see firm favourites such as the Easter Chicks promotion, when there will be silver eggs hidden among the chicks for sale at shops across the area, our participation in the Bridges of London sponsored walk and our own Starlight Walk, which in 2014 saw £20,000 pledged.
“Some will have exciting silver -themed twists and celebrations associated with them – so watch this space!
- 1 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 2 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 3 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 6 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 7 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 9 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
- 10 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
“There will be celebrations throughout 2015 for staff and volunteers as well as opportunities to thank and remember many local community groups and businesses which are regular supporters of the hospice, and without whose help the hospice simply could not survive.
“There will also be goodbyes as the hospice says farewell and thank you to two of its longest serving employees, who after 25 years service each are retiring in June.”
Garden House, based in Gillison Close, Letchworth, provides hospice services to patients across North Herts and Stevenage.
You can find out more about the services it provides, and about how you can get involved, online at www.ghhospice.co.uk.