North Herts set for new health hub
- Credit: Archant
A new health hub is set to launch next Monday, courtesy of North Herts District Council.
Funded by Herts County Council, the hub will be a one stop shop for accessing health services, support and advice all in one place.
The scheme will make it easier to get help with a range of physical and mental health issues, whether it's stop smoking services, help to lose weight, mental health support, encouragement to get more active or advice on how to cut down drinking.
From Monday, North Herts residents can access services for the hub by phone on 01462 474111 or email email@example.com.
Councillor Judi Billing, NHDC's executive member for community engagement, said: "This is a great new initiative, which will help many people across our local communities, offering new activities and access to a range of services to improve wellbeing."
You may also want to watch:
In March, a pop up hub will launch at dedicated venues in towns and villages across the district.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket