Good cause grant funding of almost £90,000 up for grabs
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A grant funding pot of almost £90,000 for charities, volunteer groups and more is up for grabs until May 4.
North Herts District Council has called for applications for the grants, which are giving out through its five area committees.
They can be used to launch new projects or to advance existing ones, so long as they benefit the community.
Organisations that benefit include Hitchin’s Tilehouse Counselling, whose director Sue Barnes said: “The grant from the Hitchin committee helps us to continue to provide vital counselling in our community for people who simply can’t afford to pay privately. We are very grateful to have this local support.”
Royston Swimming Club has also benefited from grant funding that has helped it gain promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Successful grant applicants will get the funding around the end of June.
To find out whether your cause is eligible, see north-herts.gov.uk/home/community/grants/area-committee-grants.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years