NH50+Forum awarded grant to tackle social isolation
- Credit: Archant
An over 50s social group has been awarded a grant of £1,200 by North Herts District Council’s Letchworth Area Committee.
The NH50+Forum currently helps approximately 40 people a month by providing access to information on exercise, mental health and dementia while tackling social isolation.
Sweenie Gunasekera, secretary for the group, said: “A very big thank you to NHDC’s Letchworth Area Committee for awarding this generous grant to the group. This will help us to reach lonely and isolated elderly members in Letchworth and surrounding areas in North Herts.”
The group will use the money towards the cost of the design and printing of leaflets in order to promote the group, a method they have found to be the most popular among older people.
Councillor Helen Oliver, the committee’s vice chairman, said: “We’re delighted to be able to support this valuable group to make an even bigger impact.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the NH50+Forum, go to www.nh50plus.org.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round