North Herts College mechanics burnish banger for Benidorm race
- Credit: Archant
North Herts College staff and students got their overalls on and painted up this old banger to take part in a charity challenge.
They revamped the car to take part in the Benidorm or Bust challenge – where cars are driven to the Spanish resort to raise cash for charity.
The college team handed the car back to the Baldock 41 club on Monday, members of which will drive it in the challenge.
The club, also known as The Giants, is a friendship club and part of the association of ex-Round Table clubs.
Mia Cooper, Level 2 body repair and paint student, said: “It has been a really exciting end to the year for me.
You may also want to watch:
“To be part of this project with the team has really challenged me.
“I feel I have gained a real understanding of how fast paced the trade can be and the high expectations of quality that customers and employers expect.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years