North Hertfordshire College student takeover winners announced
- Credit: Archant
THE group of students who will be taking the reins at the Comet next month have been announced.
After pitching their summer marketing campaign ideas to the panel of judges, the North Hertfordshire College’s Student Takeover winners were announced.
Those selected will be taking over the Comet newspaper and website for one week at the end of May.
The students, who study IT, media and iMedia courses at the college, pitched a range of marketing and advertising ideas, including a viral video of dinosaurs attacking the college and marketing barcodes.
They impressed the judges so much, that those who didn’t make the takeover will be working with the college’s marketing team to produce videos for its website.
You may also want to watch:
IT student Wayne Johnson’s team was the first to pitch on the day.
He said: “I was really nervous before the pitch and I didn’t know how it was going to go, but it actually went really well.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
“Our campaign idea was to show students round the college virtually by using a science fiction themed video. I’m really excited to be taking part in the takeover and this is a really good opportunity, I’m looking forward to working on graphics side of things.”
Jason Todd, whose team pitched an advertising video which they hope to send viral through social media, added: “We were nervous about what the judges would think of our video but when we showed it to them everyone said it was really good.
“The judges said they liked my animation and I’m looking forward to doing more animation work at the takeover.”
You can find out more about all the students’ marketing campaign ideas at www.nhc.ac.uk/takeover