Non-league test for Stevenage after FA Cup first round draw
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage will face non-league opposition in the first round of the FA Cup.
They were the first ball drawn out and will be at home to either Nantwich Town or Kettering Town.
Both teams play in step three of the non-league pyramid, the seventh level of English football.
Nantwich currently sit third from bottom in the Evostik League Premier Division while Kettering are top of the Southern League Premier Division, the same division as Hitchin Town, Royston Town and Biggleswade Town.
The two sides played out a 1-1 draw on Saturday and will replay tomorrow night.
You may also want to watch:
Boro have had plenty of success in the FA Cup over recent years, with victory over Newcastle United in 2011 and a draw against Tottenham Hotspur a year later the stand-out results.
They also made the fourth round in 2014 where they lost at Everton.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
However, they have not made it beyond the first round in two of the last three years, Port Vale knocking them out last time around.
The game is scheduled for Saturday, November 4 although this could change following the announcement of the TV fixtures.