Nominate someone who makes you feel safe
IF you know someone – a local police officer, watch co-ordinator or member of the public – who deserves an award for the work they have done to make your neighbourhood safer, then Hertfordshire Police Authority would like to hear from you. It has launched
IF you know someone - a local police officer, watch co-ordinator or member of the public - who deserves an award for the work they have done to make your neighbourhood safer, then Hertfordshire Police Authority would like to hear from you.
It has launched the Safer Neighbourhood Awards to recognise outstanding contributions made towards community safety.
There are four categories:
* Community Safety Award (for volunteer members of the public)
You may also want to watch:
* Watch Co-ordinator of the Year
* Neighbourhood Police Officer of the Year
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
* Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) of the Year
Heats will be run in each of Hertfordshire's 10 boroughs or districts, with the winners in each category going forward to the county finals in June.
The winning police officers will also be entered in Jane's Police Review national annual competition.
Chair of Hertfordshire Police Authority, Ian Laidlaw-Dickson, said: "We want to recognise officially, and acknowledge the selfless contribution made by members of the public and the often unsung work undertaken by police officers above and beyond the call of duty. Their work contributes greatly towards making Hertfordshire a safe place in which to live, work or visit."
If you would like to nominate someone, write to: Hertfordshire Police Authority, FREEPOST, ANG 6281, Hertford SG13 8YS (no stamp required), or ring 01992 556600, fax 01992 555625 or go to website: www.hertfordshire-police-authority.org.uk
The closing date for nominations is May 11.