Noise helpline for Red Hot Chili Peppers Knebworth concert
A NOISE complaint hotline has been set up ahead of the Red Hot Chili Peppers Knebworth House concert today.
With around 50,000 people expected to descend upon the stately home to see the Californian quartet, organisers have set up a helpline for enquiries and complaints if the gig gets too raucous.
North Herts District Council (NHDC) will also be sending environmental health officers to the show to monitor noise levels, and are asking residents to call its own out-of-hours noise hotline with any concerns.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers – known for hits such as Under The Bridge, Give It Away, Californication and Scar Tissue – are expected to take to the stage at 8.50pm.
They will be preceded by sets from Reverend and the Makers, the Wombats and Dizzee Rascal.
You may also want to watch:
NHDC is warning the public to expect heavy traffic in and around the area from late morning until early afternoon, as well as after 11pm when the show finishes.
The following road closures and diversions will be in place ahead of the event:
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
Junction 7 of the A1(M) will be closed to southbound off and northbound on traffic from 6am on Saturday to 5am on Sunday. The northbound off slip road will also be shut at the conclusion of the event to allow gig-goers out.
There will also be no access to the Junction 7 roundabout except for southbound entry to the A1(M) from the A602 from 9pm on Saturday to 3am on Sunday.
Other closures, from 6am on Saturday to 5am on Sunday, include:
Old Knebworth Lane from Odyssey Health Club to the junction with Park Lane. Hitchin Lane from the junction with the B656 to Drivers End Lane. And Drivers End Lane from the junction of the B656 Hitchin Road, Codicote to the junction with Nup End, Old Knebworth.
There will also be no right turn in or out of Tesco on the B197 from 10pm on Saturday to 3am Sunday.
Temporary traffic signals will be in place on Old Knebworth Lane at the junction with B197 London Road, Stevenage, and the B656 London Road junction with Hitchin Lane, Codicote. Signed diversion routes will be in place.
During the event, concert organisers will have a staffed helpline to deal with any enquiries or complaints. Their number is 0203 328 9830.
NHDC environmental health officers will be monitoring sound levels throughout the evening. Residents who want to contact NHDC about noise issues should contact 01462 420600.