No link found to Prescott
A COMPANY caught up in the Prescott affair scandal has no outstanding contracts with the Deputy Prime Minister s office. Oliver Heald, MP for Hertfordshire North East, submitted questions about Stevenage-based RISE Associates involvement in regeneration
A COMPANY caught up in the Prescott affair scandal has no outstanding contracts with the Deputy Prime Minister's office.
Oliver Heald, MP for Hertfordshire North East, submitted questions about Stevenage-based RISE Associates' involvement in regeneration in the area following claims in a national newspaper that one of RISE's consultants, Sarah Bissett Scott, had an affair with John Prescott.
The Deputy Prime Minister's office told Mr Heald: "The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister was formed in May 2002 and information prior to this date is not readily available.
"Since that date there have been no successful tenders for Rise Associates.
"The number of tenders submitted during this period is not held centrally and could only be provided at disproportionate costs.
"No regeneration monies have been paid directly by the Department to RISE Associates. The Department maintains a record of funding to its agencies, but this does not include details of any payments made by agencies to third party organisations for services."
- 1 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 2 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 10 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
ODPM said it has no existing contracts with RISE Associates.
According to its website RISE Associates, based in Bessemer Drive, is a network of regeneration consultants specialising in research, analysis and evaluation, programme management and interim support in the South-east, London and East of England.
It says: "We work closely with local authorities and their communities, other public sector bodies and the private sector to deliver customised services for regeneration programmes.