No horror – just gore
I walked into Saw III half expecting to be handed a sick bag by a member of staff and be given a pat on my back for my bravery. After all there have been reports of people fainting while watching this Halloween hit and although rather sceptical that moder
I walked into Saw III half expecting to be handed a sick bag by a member of staff and be given a pat on my back for my bravery.
After all there have been reports of people fainting while watching this Halloween hit and although rather sceptical that modern audiences could still be so susceptible in such a way it was not long before, from the corner of my eye, I spotted the first audience members rise from their seats.
It was 15 minutes into the film when the first couple left the cinema, though not screaming and not in tears and certainly not carried out by paramedics.
From my observations it seemed the man had informed his partner "it'll be fine" when in fact she thought otherwise. He certainly found it difficult keeping up with her as she walked quickly to the door.
You may also want to watch:
The first 15 minutes of the film are not scary. The film as a whole is not frightening. It is not a horror film. It doesn't provide a set-up and then a pay-off. It is simply gory with severed limbs, snapping bones and plenty of blood.
And the first 25 minutes are exactly that, so much so that another couple walked from the film and, in total, five left before the film ended.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The verdict? Samantha Rowe, 25, from Ripon Road, Stevenage, explained: "There really wasn't much in there to make me faint. It was disgusting and I had to close my eyes once or twice, but I think I'll sleep pretty safe in my bed tonight.