No hike in taxi fares in North Herts
TAXI fares in North Herts have been frozen for this year. At their annual review meeting, the district council and the North Hertfordshire Taxi Forum agreed not to increase charges. They decided that in a time of recession it was best to keep fares at the
TAXI fares in North Herts have been frozen for this year.
At their annual review meeting, the district council and the North Hertfordshire Taxi Forum agreed not to increase charges.
They decided that in a time of recession it was best to keep fares at the same level.
Councillor Tom Brindley, portfolio holder for planning and transport, said: "Neither the council nor the operators felt there was a need to increase fares this year.
"At a time of financial difficulty for some people this will be good news. The operators provide an excellent service in North Herts and we want to encourage use of their services."
Mrs Pat Perryman for the Taxi Forum said: "It's a tough time for all concerned but we believe that any increase could bring further hardship and our taxi business is ultimately here to assist people as best we can, from all areas and walks of life, to reach their destinations whatever and wherever they may be.
- 1 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 2 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 3 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 7 'Keep us safe' - schoolchildren's plea for crossing at Norton demonstration
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Golfers raise £11k to help sick children and dying patients
- 10 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47