No change in Boro transfer policy
Boro chairman Phil Wallace has insisted the solidarity payment received from the Premier League won t affect the club s transfer policy. The Premier League announced yesterday it would dish out �1m amongst all 68 clubs in the Conference with Boro expecte
Boro chairman Phil Wallace has insisted the solidarity payment received from the Premier League won't affect the club's transfer policy.
The Premier League announced yesterday it would dish out �1m amongst all 68 clubs in the Conference with Boro expected to receive around �30,000.
With the club still �70,000 short of the money they budgeted for before the collapse of Setanta, Wallace insisted the club would still be prudent in their transfer dealings and said that no loan moves are expected.
"We won't be doing anything silly because we budgeted for the Setanta money and there is obviously still a shortfall on that despite the Premier League money," said Wallace.
You may also want to watch:
"Graham (Westley) is very happy with his squad and we won't be looking at doing anything again until around December time."
Meanwhile, Boro's reserve side kicked off their league campaign with a 0-0 draw at home to Wycombe Wanderers with Andy Drury playing the second half.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
Other first team members included Stacy Long and Ashley Bayes and all three are expected to be included in the first team squad to travel to Chester on Saturday.