No ‘Bex-it’ for BX’s Euro dancers!
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin dance school is celebrating after six of its members wowed judges while representing Team GB at the European Hip Hop Championships in the Czech Republic.
The successful half-dozen from BX Dance, who train at studios in Bury Mead Road, were up against more than 100 other entries from across the continent in the International Dance Organisation competition.
Included in the impressive haul of medals and placings was Tyresse Hare who won silver medal in the male junior solo – making him the second best dancer in his age category across the whole of Europe.
“I could not be prouder of the achievements of these hugely talented BX Dance students,” said dancer and choreographer Bex Alfano, who founded the group – formerly known as Bex Crew – in 2007 and remains the principal.
“Tyresse’s achievements are the crowning glory – but we need to shout about all the kids doing well.
You may also want to watch:
“People from Hitchin should be so proud of them. Our placings were amazing and well-deserved – I have a lot of love for these guys!
“To be part of their dance story and success is humbling, and I can’t wait for the world championships on October 16.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
Tyresse also finished 16th overall in the junior duos with street dance partner Adam Rodgers, while 11-year-old Chephra Morgan was placed 24th overall – missing out on a quarter final place by a point.
Six-year-old Soraya Bernard finished in fourth place in the ‘mini-kids’ female solo – as well as placing a creditable 66th in the children’s duos. Betsie Barnes and Olivia Aversley also competed in the championships.
The troupe will be in action at the BX Dance fun day on Saturday, July 9, from 2pm to 4pm at The Priory School in Bedford Road, Hitchin.
Bex Dance offers training in streetdance, hip hop and contemporary dance for children aged two and upwards – visit bxdance.co.uk to find out more.