No arrests at Stevenage and Tottenham FA Cup tie
STEVENAGE and Tottenham fans have been thanked by police, following yesterday’s FA Cup fifth round tie.
Police said that there had been no trouble at or around the Lamex Stadium yesterday.
More than 6,000 Boro and Spurs fans were at the match, which ended in a 0-0 draw.
Chief Inspector for Stevenage, Richard Liversidge, said: “This was a great day for Stevenage. It was a full house at the ground, with large crowds attending the match and I’m pleased to report that everyone who attended was co-operative with police, resulting in no major issues for us.
“I’d like to thank supporters for enjoying the game sensibly and wish Stevenage FC good luck for the replay at Tottenham in the coming weeks.”
You may also want to watch:
• Three men were arrested in the Old Town last night, but police do not believe this is related to the match. The men were later released without charge.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket