‘Nicki had turned into a beautiful young woman who would have made a wonderful mum – Family pay touching tribute to Letchworth murder victim
- Credit: Archant
The family of murdered Nicki Collingbourne have paid tribute to her, describing the 26-year-old as a ‘beautiful young woman with a beautiful soul’.
In a victim impact statement submitted to the court during the trial of Yvonne Caylor, Nicki’s sister Susan Hibbert-Jones said: “I miss my little sister.
“She was just beginning on life’s journey and hadn’t experienced half of what she should have done like getting married and having children. She would have made a wonderful mum.”
Nicki’s mother Rena Hibbert-Jones, who was suffering from ill health at the time of her daughter’s death, did not live to see Caylor brought to justice and tragically died before she had the chance to lay her daughter to rest.
Susan said: “In my view my mum was so devastated by Nicki’s murder that it affected her health so much it cut her life short.
You may also want to watch:
“Mum’s last few months on this earth were full of sadness and torment over the loss of her daughter. My whole family has naturally been affected by the loss of Nicki and it is something that we will never, ever get over.”
Nicki’s niece Leanne Collingbourne said: “Yvonne has taken Nicki away from so many people and she’s also stolen her future.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
“Nicki would have made a great mum one day and that was what she was looking forward to in life.
“I watched her turn into a beautiful young woman who had a beautiful soul.”
Niece Jodie Collingbourne added: “Nicki was the most loving, caring, trustworthy, beautiful person inside and out. She always made time for family and friends. Her family was so important to her. She loved to make people happy.”