NHDC: Leader of the council Cllr Lynda Needham is ‘happy’ with results
LEADER of North Herts District Council Cllr Lynda Needham has said that she is “happy” with her party’s local election results.
The Conservative party, which runs the council, won all its seats back and gained one in Chesfield ward.
“We have held every one of our seats and gained one too, so we are happy with that,” said Cllr Needham.
“I thought we might run a couple of fairly close contests in Hitchin, but the results were roughly what I was expecting.
“I’m very pleased with keeping our seats and the gain in Chesfield.
You may also want to watch:
“We have priorities, and there are quite a few things now that we are looking at. The district museum, Bancroft Gardens, and there’s the ongoing consultation for Churchgate.
“We will also be having to look at the budget again as there will be further cuts this year.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV